September 18th is National Cheeseburger Day! Fire up the grill or head to your favorite restaurant!
There are several theories about the origins of the cheeseburger. One story claims that the cheeseburger was created between 1924 and 1926 by a chef named Lionel Sternberger. As the story goes, a homeless man dining at Sternberger's restaurant in Pasadena, California, suggested the addition of a slice of cheese to his hamburger order. Sternberger complied, eventually added it to his menu, and the rest is history.
Today, cheeseburgers are a staple at restaurants and backyard celebrations all across the country. Hungry yet? Enjoy a delicious cheeseburger in honor of National Cheeseburger Day!
Where to celebrate National Cheeseburger Day and save??
- BurgerFi - Come in for $1 BurgerFi Cheeseburgers with the purchase of a BurgerFi Cheeseburger, all you have to do is ask for the offer to redeem it.
- Farmer Boys - They’re selling Big Cheese Cheeseburgers for just a buck all day long, just mention the deal in-store to get the $1 cheeseburger.
- HWY 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries - Show them you’ve downloaded the Hwy55 app to save 50% on all burger combos from 5 p.m. to close.
- IHOP - To Celebrate National Cheeseburger Day, IHOP is giving away free … pancakes, of course. Buy any IHOP Ultimate Steakburger and you’ll get a free side of buttermilk pancakes or pumpkin spice pancakes from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Red Robin - Buy a beverage, get a signature Gourmet Cheeseburger and Bottomless Steak Fries for $5 today at participating locations.
- Ruby Tuesday - So Connected members get a free burger with the purchase of an entree September 18th and 19th, so sign up if you haven’t already.
- Wendy’s - The fast food chain is giving away Single hamburgers through September 30th, you just need to download the Wendy’s app to redeem the digital coupon for the deal. And the best part? You can use it once a day until the end of the month.
- White Castle - Come in today and use this coupon for a free cheese slider with any purchase.